ACANA Heritage Meats Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog FoodRegular price
Your dog evolved as a meat eater. The structure of his teeth, jaws and digestive system scientifically classifies him as a carnivore, evolved for a meat-based diet.
That’s why ACANA Heritage Meats is full of Angus beef, Yorkshire pork and grass-fed lamb — all raised on local Kentucky farms and delivered fresh, in WholePrey ratios of meat, liver, tripe, kidney and cartilage to nourish your dog completely.
Prepared to ACANA's Biologically Appropriate and Fresh Regional Ingredient standards in their Kentucky DogStar kitchens, ACANA is a natural and delicious way to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
- Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Heritage Meats is loaded with 60% red meat ingredients — up to twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods.
- 1/2 of the meat in ACANA is FRESH, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form, and the other 1/2 is dried to provide a strong and natural source of nourishing animal protein.
ACANA features three fresh meats in WholePrey™ ratios that include meat, organs and cartilage that supply nutrients to your dog naturally and completely.
- Angus beef – meat, tripe, liver, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local ranches.
- Yorkshire pork – meat, liver, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local Kentucky ranches.
- Grass-fed lamb– meat, tripe, liver, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local ranches.
ACANA mirrors the natural diet, applying their "Meat Math" and incorporating meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally . ACANA foods provide a concentrated and natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, which is why virtually all of the nutrients in ACANA are naturally present and are not synthetic.
Deboned beef, deboned pork, beef meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, pork meal, beef fat, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, deboned lamb, herring oil, lentil fiber, natural pork flavor, beef tripe, beef liver, beef kidney, pork liver, pork kidney, pork cartilage, lamb tripe, lamb liver, lamb kidney, dried kelp, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, carrots, apples, pears, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried pork liver, freeze-dried lamb liver, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rose hips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min): 29%
*not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.